Dyfed Steels is the largest Steel Stockholder and Processor in Wales and the South West of England and has been established for 45 years. Our employee headcount has grown to approximately 250 staff whilst retaining our original family run business roots, under the leadership of the Company’s original Managing Director. As well as our head office in Llanelli, we have nine further regional branches.
We are now seeking to appoint an experienced and professional CIPD qualified HR Officer to work in our busy head office to deliver a professional on-site HR service.
The successful candidate will be expected to support the SLT and department heads with HR operational issues at all stages of the employee lifecycle, including:
- Provide professional and robust first line advice and management information to managers and employees within the business.
- Assisting with recruitment, developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking applications and shortlisting, interviewing and preparing offer letters and contracts.
- Liaise with H&S Manager to arrange inductions for new starters, ensure new starter paperwork is fully completed, conduct right to work reference checks.
- Assist and support managers with investigations and disciplinaries.
- Assist with new policy rollout and updating of policies in line with changes to employment law and best practice developments.
- Monitor absenteeism and ensure return to work interviews are complete and recorded.
- Promote equality and diversity throughout the organisation.
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues and assist with weekly payroll processes including liaising on starter and leaver information, PILON and accrued holiday pay, as well as advising payroll of any rate changes.
- Work with Senior management team to consider and plan for immediate and long- term staffing requirements.
- Work with internal and external payroll departments alongside Finance to ensure HMRC and regulatory compliance.
- Liaise with managers and supervisors to ensure probation reviews are completed on time.
- Review training and development for staff and help to source suitable training solutions once a need is identified.
- Assist with any HR projects and put forward own ideas for business / HR improvements.
You should have previous experience of working at HR Officer level in a large organisation, ideally some of which will have been gained within the Manufacturing sector, and CIPD Level 5 or above. You should have an excellent knowledge of current employment law and best practice with a commitment to your own CPD. You must be a confident communicator and able to communicate at all levels whilst building effective working relationships. You will be highly motivated with excellent organisational skills, have the ability to prioritise your
own workload and work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
Strong IT skills are essential with the ability to extract and maintain data for reports and analysis. Previous experience using a Sage Payroll, HRIS and ideally experience of using Timeware. Full UK licence and own vehicle is desirable.
To apply, please submit your CV together with a brief written statement of why you are applying for this position and how your skills and experiences match this job description to: email@example.com
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.